This message is from: "jo Anbro" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi from Jo and Don in Binghamton, NY. We live with our two fjords, OH Felicia and SSF Lillevenn on a five acre parcel in a subdivision. The manure when cleaned from the stalls at this point has not been too hard to scatter around our hedgerow but I am concerned about how our fields look this year. We've had horses grazing with rotation of two fields for two years. I need your advice: the field are getting very muddy and full of holes and I know need to be reseeded or at best scatter lime over it. We have a 650 John Deere and need to purchase something to level out the soil and break up the manure as well. Then, is there yet another piece of equipment to purchase to seed and lime or can you do that by hand? We've had suggestions of a stone rake or harrow. We have a small grassless plot and two fields with an electric fence around all of them. We think someday we may move to a bigger piece of property but for now we're happy where we are. Your suggestions are always helpful and we'd appreciate any thoughts on this subject. Thanks so much.
Jo and Don Anbro