This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In a message dated 3/15/2005 4:42:33 PM Mountain Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> This message is from: Amy Goodloe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> I saw this ad for a Fjord mare in Utah and was wondering if anyone
> knows anything about her:

    Oh yes, I know of this mare.    :  /

         Last year, I had a lady who made many trips to my ranch, looking for
a very broke Fjord for her very young daughter to ride and do some Pony Club
type stuff with. Since her daughter was so small, but her mom was an
experienced horseperson, I carefully picked out a nice Fjord mare, Frieda, (
Canadian
registered ) who is here for a breed / lease for training and to sell for her
owner, a friend in ID. no longer able to have her Fjords. Frieda is a wonderful
riding and driving Fjord, and her owner spent many thousands of hours riding
and competing in endurance races ( yes a FJORD ) in a popular ID. endurance
club.....winning plenty as well. Frida needed some ground manners and a better
WHOA put on her while hitched. We had installed both in her, and she was a
great potential mount for this family.

          We went on for quite awhile, with this lady bringing up her friends
and child to ride often and spend time with Frieda. She mentioned after
comming to terms on a price, that she would like her bred, and after choosing
my
Sr. Stallion, Fair Acres Nels ( Anvil's Steinfin X Trecca ) we did cover her
and
she took first month. ( Frida is also a proven broodmare, having given
several nice Fjord foals to my friend )

       Soon after, and also after making me a promise of cash the following
week and a workable payment plan for them, they stopped comming over. This
family lives just down the road from us, and we have known them for 5 years
now, I
wasnt worried.

        A few months went by. Of course by now, I knew that they had changed
their mind, for whatever reason, and I wasnt at all mad or sad NOT to sell
this nice mare, now preg. checked in foal and being ridden and driven by us
alot.

             I got a phone call from this lady a few months ago. She wanted
to know if I would please BUY this mare she had !  Turned out that she had seen
an ad for 2 Fjord mares and gone to see them, buying one within one hour,
because they were a " GREAT DEAL"  She explaned that these 2 purebred ( and
nicely bred may I mention ) Fjords were to be Y2K Fjords. When the world didnt
stop
turning on Dec. 31, 1999, they also stopped needing these Fjords, who were
going to do farm work, plowing, ect. when people had to raise their own food.

                 OK then.               ;   )

         So, these mares stood. And ate. And stood. They didnt get touched,
and she mentioned that this mare she picked out because she could be CAUGHT,
didnt pick up her very long feet.....or do much else. But remember, she was a
GOOD DEAL.

        She was supposed to ride, but guess what ?  Uh huh. So, sent off to a
local trainer, who said that if she was left for a YEAR, she MIGHT be OK for
an advanced rider. BYW, this trainer's opinion I respect ALOT, so BOY HOWDY
was she not a good deal as he does charge 450.00 a month for training. So much
for this 2,000 Fjord. I was asking twice as much for Frida and also throwing in
a free breeding, but that GOOD DEAL was too much to pass up.

        She has called me several times now, wanting me to take this mare and
try to sell her for them. She also mentioned that a Fjord seller on the
Internet told her that she could get 4,000 for her if she listed her there. I
said
that THAT sounded like a GOOD DEAL.  (  LOLOLOL. )

            So, no pony club this year. Lots of money out to keep this nicely
bred but %^&*( on wheels mare who through no fault of her own, stood around
and had no expectations, no training, no handleing, no love. I have also been
offered to just take her and " get a baby " out of her. No thanks. Frieda is
due to foal April 26th. I cant wait to see the cross between both of these
great
natured parents, drafty and loving.

               YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.

                Lisa Pedersen / Cedar City, UTAH