This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I think some of you have hit the nail on the head. I have been taking
dressage lessons for almost 3 years and I have learned that if the horse
does not
relax his jaw and bend at the pole, which causes him to raise his  back up,
you
will get a rough ride, no matter what the breed. A horse has  to learn to
balance with the rider in the saddle.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Onna, you might be interested in a new magazine that is out.  It's the
Classical Dressage magazine.  In the first issue it has a great article on
flexing
the poll from the ground, written by my instructor.  For the time being the
magazine is being piggybacked onto the Horse of Kings mag (Andalusians,
Freisans
and Lippizans) but it is very worthwhile.   Fjords, at least my fjords, tend
to have HUGE saliva glands which make it harder for the horses to flex
properly.  But it is well worth the effort to teach the horse to do so.

Pamela
Northern Holiday Horses
Welcome Polaris