-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, February 16, 2005 8:27 AM
To: fjordhorse@angus.mystery.com
Subject: Re: tongue over bit

This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In a message dated 2/15/2005 5:07:14 PM Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
thus allowing the tongue over the bit. In my experience I have not found
this
to be a problem with snaffle bits, but only with curb bits.
**********************

I  have actually had just about the opposite experience. A couple of my
horses would constantly mouth the snaffle (jointed mouth) till they got
their
tongue over. I even tried a figure 8 noseband, which didn't work.  I
switched to a
Kimberwick with a solid low port mouth and that solved my problem.

I do agree that most of the time this is caused by a bit hanging too low.

Amy

Amy Evers
Dun Lookin' Fjords
Redmond, OR