This message is from: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Eike_Sch=F6n-Petersen?= <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Just came home from a couple of days absence, found Pat remarks and thought
I´d give a quick  comment:  If you follow the activities of Fjord Horse
International you find that the intentions are to create a system of
evaluating and testing Fjord Horses that - in the end - is used for all
Fjord Horses worldwide in order to be able to compare results of evaluations
and performance tests from all countries.  In the ideal case a 7 is a 7, no
matter which country or judge.  The first big step towards this was the
"Handbook for the Fjord Horse Judge" (available through FHI or NFHR) which
was worked out but a committee of knowledgable and experienced judges and
breeders from several countries including the United States.  This is the
basis for judging the conformation and movement of a Fjord Horse against the
breed standard.

Now we are starting to work on the next project, the performance test
committee was set up last year at Nordfjordeid by the General Assembly of
Fjord Horse International and the first working meeting is going to take
place at Essen, Germany, before and during Equitana, starting 2-26.  Beth
Beymer was named as the NFHR-representative and we are looking forward to
getting started on this exciting task.

I am confident, that as soon as we get comparable, similar systems of
grading and evaluation  you will find people interested in importing US-bred
horses into Europe.

Eike Schoen-Petersen
Vice President FHI / Vice President IGF (German Fjord Association)