This message is from: "Jeanine Rachau" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Went on our first ride today - had a wonderful time. Elska did a
wonderful job - what a motor on that gal! I live in NE Oregon and am
lucky to be able to just go a couple miles from my driveway and be in
the mountains. It was a gorgeous day. I rode with a some riders from
the local Back Country Horseman group. It was an interesting group of
horses - first my little mighty mare - Elska the fjord, my friend/
neighbor on her Curly horse/ Belgian cross, another gal on her spotted
walking horse, another gentleman on a gray gruella stock horse and
another gentleman on a fox trotter, leading a 3 yr old fox trotter
morgan cross. We were really moving across country - the weather is
unseasonably warm and the snow had mostly melted. The fjord, who was
the smallest in the group had no trouble keeping up with the gaited
horses. She'd break into a little catch up trot once in a while. I
rode my orthoflex saddle - the only trouble I had was first mounting
and my saddle wanted to turn a little, but otherwise rode fine.
Nothing too unusual when you are used to riding witherless donkeys!
Links to pictures of us riding and at the end of the ride.

http://www.oregonvos.net/~jrachau/mtemilyelska.jpg
http://www.Oregonvos.net/~jrachau/elskasaddled.jpg

Jeanine

BLUE MOUNTAIN DONKEY FARM
AMJR Registered American Mammoth Jackstock
La Grande, Oregon, USA http://www.OregonVOS.net/~jrachau/
E-mail: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>