This message is from: "hardinlsc" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hello again, Thanks for all of the replies and suggestions about saddle
slipping. I've read lots of archives, looked at special pads and I'm sending a
wither tracing to Abetta. I'm hoping the Abetta Arabian endurance saddle will
work. We are presently using a Big Horn endurance saddle with FQHB. It has a
16" seat and is too big for my husband and for me. It looks long for our mare
and I don't like the way it fits in the wither/ shoulder area. It's a little
too narrow in the wither and the front of the skirt "pokes" her in the
shoulder.  We do have a Thornhill English trail saddle that fits and I will
ride her in this until we find a saddle for my husband. I'm recovering from the
ground encounter. I really believe the back side of the left rigging was
compromised during a little crow hopping episode prior to the day the saddle
slipped and came off. After tightening the saddle I mounted from the ground and
everything was fine. We rode about 300 feet and all of the sudden I was!
  on my way to the ground. I believe the back rigging came completely off , the
saddle slid very fast to the right and I went with it. (This part is for
Ruthie) My friend Libby, and her fjord Chester, were riding with me. I ended up
on the ground in the middle of the trail, Nora went through the woods but not
far away, and Chester was dancing in circles so I had to roll out of his way.
Nora came out of the woods without the saddle. There were no marks on the
saddle but the left rigging was completely ripped from the saddle. If I had
been riding my Quarter Horse I would have found him in the next county but Nora
just stopped close to us and waited for someone to come and get her. We love
this mare!!  Thanks, Lee Hardin   Mountains of North Carolina

No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.