This message is from: "Carol Riviore" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hello from Carol Rivoire at Beaver Dam Farm in Nova Scotia --

I really did goof on this one -- I was telling you about JARL (Gjest x Uloza), just having been named Therapy Horse of the Year. --- Well, guess what? Jarl is by Solar, not Gjest. -- Here's the explanation for this stupid mistake . . .

We sold Uloza when she was 21 years old, and she was in foal to Gjest. -- We sold her to a woman in NH. -- A few years later, this woman sent us a son of Uloza, a 2 yr. old gelding to sell on consignment. -- I'm sure at that time, I knew (on paper anyway) that the gelding was a Solar son, but somehow, somewhere in my overworked mind, I thought of him as that Gjest baby that Uloza was pregnant with when she left here. -- Somehow that impression stuck, because when we got the call that Jarl had been named Therapy Horse of the Year, I was thrilled that another Gjest son had done so well.

So, I'm humbled and ashamed, and have a lot of work to do to correct this mistake. --- Thank heaven the therapeutic center has not left for the national Awards Banquet where they are going to read the copy I sent them about Gjest and Uloza. I called them yesterday to report the error. -- Yikes! What a mess.

Best Regards,  Carol

http://www.beaverdamfarm.com
Beaver Dam Farm Fjords II
R.R. 7
Pomquet, Nova Scotia B2G 2L4
Tel:(902) 386-2304
Fax:(902) 386-2149
Carole Rivoire, author of THE FJORDHORSE HANDBOOK,
only book in English on the Fjord breed, available from Beaver Dam Farm,
$36.95 US includes P&H
http://www.beaverdamfarm.com/book.htm