This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

This message is from "Linda Syverson Kerr" @ [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hello List:

I just wanted to tell everyone about the wonderful FJORD weekend, myself and
my foster Daughter, Pang had this weekend at Phil Odden and Else Bigton.

On Friday Pang, I and Markus (my 5 yr. Fjord gelding) I headed North (about 3
hr) for us to Phil and Else's. Pang, Phil and I bundled up, saddled up and
braved the rain and slight wind. Phil took us thru the wonderful woods, and the
leaves were beautiful in color and covered the forest floor, making it seem
brighter then the time of day actually was. WOW. AWESOME time. This was the
second time Pang had went trail riding, but the first time that we went "bush
whacking" into the trees. Phil's horses and my gelding handled it beautifully,
much like the Eveready Battery they just kept going.

On Saturday, we awoke to a light blanket of snow. However, as the morning
"warmed up" it melted. The wind. The wind cut thru you like a knife.  Once
again
we bundled up and this time, was joined by Phil's son Ole. We went along the
cross country ski trails. Then headed into the woods for up and down hill
workouts, and more bush whacking. Again an another wonderful day. The horses of
course were ready to go and felt good. There were no laggers.  We were gone for
about 3 1/2 hours.  Pang was thrilled and so was I.

On Sunday, we headed to the Slaters who hosted a drive and ride as part of
the Northwoods Harness Club. This drive was over their wonderful land. The
trail
was well groomed and a treat. My gelding was ready to go. He enjoyed himself
as much as I did. Phil and Else were there driving as well. There were a few
other "Fjord people" but I did not get their names (sorry). But I did see a lot
of smiles from FJORD owners and non.

I cannot say enough wonderful things about the training on the horses that
Phil has. I rode a 3 yr., Katrina, was that a pure pleasure to ride. Smooth.
Easy on the bit. A trooper, never tense underneath me. Yet was a mover. Phil
has
a great opportunity when training his horses to get a lot of "exposure" to a
lot of different things. Water, mud holes, hills, ravens, over trees, wildlife
etc.. you name we either saw it, climbed it or went thru it.

Oh darn, the weekend is over and I must go to work. But, I will be day
dreaming about the weekend and have a smile on my face.

I hope that others had a wonderful "FJORD" weekend as I and Pang did.

Linda Syverson Kerr
Holmen, WI