This message is from: Beverly Weston <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi All,
My name is Beth Gerst from Milford, CT. and I am fairly new to the list. I
have been reading it for months but have never taken the time to figure out
(until now) how to respond to the list..Not even sure I am doing it
correctly now!! Let's hope for the best!!  I own one gelding as of right now
Kervan Farm Elexson, a 4 yr old Gelding out of the imported stallion Felix
by an imported mare named Nagia. Unfortunatley due to high costs of boarding
horses in my area and lack of space I can only afford one right now!!

First I want to say that I had a wonderful time at the Ontario show. Cheryl
and her crew did a great job at keeping this show going. With the amount of
help she had I give her many Kudo's for pulling it off as nicely as she did.
I brought along my "clan" of six people...one of which was my non-horsey
mother-in-law....let me clue everyone in...DON'T EVER MAKE THIS MISTAKE!!!
She invited herself along with us for the trip...I can tell you for a fact
SHE will never do that again!!! :-)

The Ontario show was wonderful. I was the lucky one who had the pleasure of
showing the wonderful 2yr old filly Kervan Farm Felixia to Overall Champion
Halter horse. Felixia is out of the imported stallion Felix and the imported
mare named Nagia...This little filly has a special place in my heart b/c she
is my gelding Elexson's full younger sister. It was a thrill that her owner
trusted me enough to take this little filly off the farm for the first time
ever and show her for her. Thank goodness she was special enough to show
herself and not need much help from me!! Needless to say her owner Marg Kerr
was and I am sure still is thrilled with her win. She also received a Gold
Medal from Bob Van Bon.  I can't tell you what wonderful and very fair
judges Bob and Joke were and what a great time we all had with them...they
were just terrific. I could go on but all I can say is I won Overall
Champion Halter horse with Felixia and her older brother (my guy) tied with
his own half-brother Uvaer and Nathan Valliere for the Green Horse Driven
Reserve Champion.....Besides us winning the Green Horse Cross Country....I
can't say as I had too bad of a weekend!! I was thrilled with the entire
weekend......Even when one of our brake lines blew out on the truck and kept
us on Marg's farm an extra day (such a pitty!!) it broke our hearts to have
to stay another day!! but it was fixed and we made it home safely a day late
and definitley a few dollars shorter.

As for some of the breeding comments going around. I have not been in the
fjord world that long (the horse world itself for about 25 years) so I can
only comment on what I have dealt with and seen this past year at the Fjord
shows and of course my own experiences with my guy. I do believe Carol
Rivoire is right Breeding does Count I also agree that there are some
wonderful stallions in North America..Homegrown (for lack of a better word).
But am I wrong to say that no matter what the breeding, that the origin of
all the fjords in North America have imported bloodlines in the gene pool at
some point?? I don't seem to remember learning about how the Fjord horse
roamed free over much of North America way back when. I just don't see where
imported or not imported matters much....Fjords will always be fjords (I
hope) and as long as we strive to breed the best to the best imported or not
imported we will come up with greatness. Perfection will never happen b/c it
is not reality we are always striving to come as close to perfect as
possible in any breed that is one reason breeders continue to breed.
Imported or Not,  I think we should all be proud of the horses we breed,
raise and train.....I can tell you I am.

Enough for now
Beth Gerst
Milford, CT