This message is from: "Linda Lottie" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

DeeAnn......yes, mayhem forsure!  And, we came close but good ole' Sven -
he just took it all in stride and did not move.  I remember tieing Hasse
as a baby to Lena and ponying him as my daughter rode Lena.......but,
leading is a better choice now that he is bigger.

Well, another tale of fjords taking care of the humans.   I would not
have even tried to take Hasse had it not been for Sven.......I know
him/he knows me........and all is well.

Thanks for the much wanted advice......Linda in MN

>From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] >Reply-To: fjordhorse@angus.mystery.com >To:
fjordhorse@angus.mystery.com >Subject: Re: ponying >Date: Mon, 16 Aug
2004 13:26:39 -0500 > >This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED] > >Linda
wrote: >"...where should we tie him if we want to pony him along side or
>behind the cart? Or, should I just lead him as I did today?..." > >I'm
no expert, but I've always understood that a person should never >tie a
ponied horse to the saddle. The lead rope should be held just >as you
would when leading a horse on foot. > >I would think the rule would be
the same for a horse being ponied >from a cart. > >I shudder to think of
the mayhem should a ponied horse get into >trouble, and the driver/rider
could not get the lead rope loose to >control the horse or let it go
free. > >DeeAnna