This message is from: Mariposa Farm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hello Everybody,

I've heard from some of you and we moved the weekend to the second one in October.

The trail ride is scheduled for the second week of October - which is the 9th and 10th

Arrive Saturday morning to noon at Mariposa Farm (RSVP for directions). We have room (stalls) for 7-8 horses and a little pasture space for some more. We'd like to fill up the space with Fjords first (and trail riders) but if they don't fill, other breeds are welcome. Just give me a call. Of course there is unlimited space for the trail rides if you aren't needing space or staying the night at Mariposa.

Lunch at Mariposa (we'll supply food and soft drinks)

Early afternoon: Trailer horses to a Chequamegon National Forest recreation area which is about 6 miles from our farm. The trails we like best are cross-country ski trails. Trail rides can vary in length from short to long depending on individual choice (we like to do a loop that is 10K and then see how the horses are doing). For those of you who want to drive, there are some nice forest roads but there are ATV's on these roads as well. The footing is mostly sand. The ski trails are mostly sand and grass with some occasional rock. No ATV's are allowed on the ski trails although we will cross some trails that ATV's can be on. Mostly, they are very considerate of horses. The trails are wide enough for a cart but the terrain can be rugged (steep in places). I have driven a cart on some of them and it was exciting. For all of you marathon lovers, these would be good training!! We should be back to Mariposa around 6:00 or 7:00 pm

Saturday Night: Set up camping / trailers for those staying overnight and after we are done with this we can have a potluck dinner and campfire.

Sunday Morning: Chores (feed, water and clean stalls). Breakfast at local small restaurant 2 miles away (9:30 am?). Back to farm and load up the horses to ride again.

If this looks interesting to you please email or call back and let me know if (and when) you would be arriving, how many horses/riders and if you need electrical hookup. I only have 15 amp circuits so I can't have a huge load but we can work something out I bet. 1st come 1st served for stall space. Of course, neg. Coggins tests are required.

This weekend is also the same as Ashland's Whistle Stop Marathon (sorry no horses are allowed I guess) Ashland is 10 miles to the south.
Thanks and please RSVP for directions.

Mark McGinley

Mariposa Farm
Washburn, WI 54891