This message is from: =?iso-8859-1?q?Myriam/Ptite=5Fmarmotte?= <[EMAIL
PROTECTED]>

Hello!

I would like to answer to Ursula & Brian Jensen 's
mail because we have had the same interessant debate
with french fjords owners on a french forum about
fjord horse.

Here, the trend is about 2 types of fjords: a taller
and more fine fjord (more than 1m50) , and a smaller
and more fine  fjord, who have a classical pony
morphology ( 1m30).

In september 2004, the fjord horse has become a
"horse", before he was a pony here,this a proof of
changes about fjord type in France.

My fjord have a typical fjord morphology, he has
Nederland origins.But many french breeders make birth
fjords which have the type that buyers want, so they
are often more fine.

In "Eurocheval", a big horse meeting ( in Offenbourg,
Germany),many fjords were more tall than the original
type.

Fortunately, they are still breeders who respect the
original type!I wish that in the future,there will
exist still breeders like them.

I know that the genetic point of view is for the
diversity of the types, but I thank all breeders who
preserve the typical morphology of fjords horses, that
I think is the best.

Thank you Ursula & Brian Jensen .

Myriam
Toulouse (France)
http://poneyfjord.free.fr

 --- Ursula & Brian Jensen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> a
écrit :
> This message is from: "Ursula & Brian Jensen"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>             Dear List From Brian Jensen;
>                    Thankyou Lori for your comments.
> I totally agree with
> you. When Ursula and I do Clinics for Fjord owners
> and breeders we always
> use the Norwegian picture of 1890 depicting Njal #
> 166, and Kare # 189 as
> examples of what a Fjord is. When I go to Fjord
> shows and Evaluations I am
> seeing today this type and style of the Norwegian
> Fjords as they were 114
> years ago.
>                    The caveat here is that over the
> last 114 years the
> Fjords have went through changes as ---NEED Begets
> TYPE--- As Lori mentioned
> the European Fjords have had many different demands
> asked of them over the
> last 100 years---and have survived them all in fine
> fashion. It is very
> possible to say that the modern Fjord of today is
> closer to Njal and Kare
> than ever before.
>                 I encourage all owners and breeders
> to research the Fjord
> breed, or go to Norway--- home of the Fjord. If you
> are not able to travel
> to Europe attend an NFHR Evaluation, and download
> the Evaluation Program
> from the NFHR website. The NFHR has computer and
> printed information on
> results of past Evaluations.
> Brian Jensen
> Ursula & Brian Jensen
> Trinity Fjords
> Box 1032
> Lumby BC, V0E 2G0
> Canada 250-547-6303
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> http://okjunc.junction.net/~ujensen/

Le nouveau Yahoo! Messenger est arrivé ! Découvrez toutes les nouveautés pour
dialoguer instantanément avec vos amis. A télécharger gratuitement sur
http://fr.messenger.yahoo.com