This message is from: Paula Chmura <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

When I bought Frodo he had rubbed out almost all the white hairs in his tail at
the dock and it was dry and brittle.  Now he is getting a gorgeous tail thanks
to a secret I learned from the sport horse breeders - coconut oil.

Go to your nearest Dollar Store. Go to the hair section and look for the
Afro-American type products. Look for the jars of coconut oil. Just plain
coconut oil. You should be able to get them for $1 each. Clean out the
store.....lol

Wash the tail and let it dry. Apply about half of one jar to the tail. Massage
it in. Do nothing else.  Warning: this stuff is pretty gross and has the
consistancy of vaseline so the tail is going to look gross during this process
as it will pick up dirt and grunge (you don't want to do it right before a show
;).   Next day add about a quarter of a jar. Same thing next day, and next and
next. On the 7th day wash the tail thoroughly and start again for a second
week.

The empty shafts of hair suck up the oil. After a week or two, the hair is
darker in color and is flexible. That's the secret! If the shafts of hair are
flexible, they won't break off.

After the two weeks of intensive treatment, I put coconut oil on the tail a
couple of times a week, but just a little and rub it in well. You will see as
the tail grows, it stays thick and the hairs no longer break off. It takes
about 6 months to grow out a really thick tail.

This stuff is amazing folks, dirt cheap, and now Frodo has a gorgeous tail that
you would never guess had been half ripped out six months ago.

Paula and Frodo (who is pretty proud of his fancy new tail the mom has to
actually bang to keep from dragging)