This message is from: "vz/bossmare" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

It looks as if I am back in horses after all.  No regrets.  It's great to have
my girl back home even if for a little while.  The interesting experiment of
her sharing space with two Holsteins has been an outstanding success.  She
spotted them in pasture and did the most glorious trot I've ever seen her do.
She has seen cows before but these two have never been with horses.  Not to
worry.  The dominant one came up and started to lick Anya on her  shoulder
while the other stuck her nose under Anya's tail.  Then the three went off as
pals.  When I take her off grass to prevent problems she seems to be quite at
ease being alone.  This is a big relief as she has always been a rather clingy
horse to other horses.

She flunked out of therapy horse school mainly because there were too many
volunteers handling her who were not really horse savvy and she took advantage
of them.  I've had no problems whatsoever with her since she's been home and
in many ways her 6 months at the handicapped center has benefitted her.  She
is more obedient, less anxious about being alone and wonder of wonder, lunges
well.  Or maybe she's just grateful to be home and is showing me she can be a
model horse.

We will be moving to NC in August and I have found a nice place for Anya about
15 minutes from where we will be living.  A simple but clean and safe rustic
type of place, lots of shade trees, wood rail fencing and an owner my age who
has been doing this for years and knows what she is doing.  Lessons and safe
trail rides are available.  I may actually ride again now that I'm not mucking
out a barn and defrosting water tubs.

I will be looking for a ride for Anya before Aug. 15 from Somerset, New Jersey
to Calabash, NC which is just north of Myrtle Beach, SC.  If anyone is going
along that route and has room for a nice traveling mare or can recommend a
good shipper please let me know.

Lois Berenyi who is back in Horse Heaven.