This message is from: "Linda Lehnert" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi, Folks!  I am finally in Mexico, have been here since 28 May, getting
settled in. The flights on Iberia (Frankfurt to Madrid, then Madrid to
Mexico City with a connection to Guadalajara on Mexicana, both
excellent airlines) were very good, but 12 hours in the no-smoking
section plus a long wait to go through the Immigration line was horrible
for a heavy smoker like me.  Plus I just learned from a local lawyer that
I have ended up with a local realty firm known as the landlord from
hell!  They think repair is either a four letter word or in a foreign
language no one in that office understands and then they complained when
I got a lawyer to inquire why it took from Tuesday at 4 PM until Thursday
at 10 AM to send a plumber to fix a stopped up toilet and inquire when
they might make the other repairs.  Needless to say, they still haven't
completed them and one is just a temporary fix.  Really, moving tape over
a torn screen in the rainy season? Things are looking up.  I will have a
car by next week.  Now if I can only get my computer down here.  I had to
ship it from Mexico City to San Antonio, TX because I couldn't get this
used desk top computer through customs, so now I have to drive to SA and
bring it down in the car.  Such fun!  I don't like the internet cafe:
their computers aren't very good and I am used to my German keyboard
which has some of the keys in different places because of the German
characters. About German Fjord registration, in Germany the registrations
are issued on a state by state basis.  In Hessen, for example, the
organization that registers Fjords is Ponies aus Hessen (abbreviation for
Hessen is HE).  I'm not sure about the other states: the IGF would have
complete information.  However, all Fjords registered in Hessen have
papers issued by Ponies aus Hessen, as well as a Pferdepass, a horse
passport containing the pedigree, record of immunizations, vet exams, lab
work, etc.  It is very useful and is a must have if you take a horse from
one state to another. The horses in this area are mostly the Criollos aka
the Native Mexican Horse.  They are not very pretty and have thin necks
with no crest, but are sure-footed and hardy in rough terrain and some
are said to be smooth-gaited.  Of course, there are the finer horses for
jumping, the usual suspects, Thoroughbreds, warmbloods, etc.  Also there
are some Andalusians (PRE).  The vets we had for our two old Morgans had
Andalusians and Quarter Horses. Sunday is the Tournament of Dancing
Horses, which will be primarily the fine horses, Andalusians, maybe some
warmbloods or Arabians. I'm plannng to go and hope Dr. Ruben will be
there with some of his fine Andalusians.  Over 4 years ago he imported 3
stallions from Spain and the farrier told us the least expensive one cost
$50,000 USD.  I don't think we have any Fjords here, but I will check
this out.  To the best of my knowledge, there are only 6 Morgans in all
of Mexico, including the two old ones I had before, assuming they are
still living.  I have to check out that situation once I have my car
 because there was some funny business going on with them when I was in
Germany and some evidence of a fraudulent sale. This is a great place for
vacation and/or retirement.  If anyone is interested in coming down to
visit, please let me know. Linda in Ajijic, Jalisco, Mexico