This message is from: Paula Chmura <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

fjordhorse-digest <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

"I wish my budget would allow me
to go up in price because I think then I'd find the perfect
combination of a Fjord that can do dressage and trails plus a little
jumping for fun.  I love the idea of a sensible, sure footed,
wide bodied and comfortable little horse to take out on mountain
trail rides -- and the Fjords sound like a good fit for that! I hear
they're addictive, though, so maybe in the future I can look for a
sporthorse type ;-)"

Don't despair - there are quite a few gems out there for reasonable prices if
you look for them.  I found my Frodo for much, much less than what you are
looking to spend and he is wonderful - does dressage, jumps, trail (and I'm
told drives but I don't).  He's a little older at age fifteen but with Fjord
soundness and longevity I hope he'll be my partner for many years to come.  My
trainer too was able to find a great little dressage fjord mare (only 8) within
your budget.  So relax, take a deep breath and keep looking for that Fjord of
your dreams without any thought of "settling".

Paula and Frodo
http://www.pbase.com/paula_chmura/fjord_pony

 I wish my budget would allow me
to go up in price because I think then I'd find the perfect
combination of a Fjord that can do dressage and trails plus a little
jumping for fun. But I've already lost too much money on dressage
horses that ended up with soundness problems, so for now I can only
afford a trail horse. I love the idea of a sensible, sure footed,