This message is from: Jean Ernest <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

My 17 year old gelding that I raised from birth is in his prime! (I still
consider him to be my baby, can't beleive it has been 17 years!)  I have an
old gelding, Bjarne, 29, who looked pretty poor a year ago..very thin, etc.
 After senior feed, joint supplments and other supplements he looks great
this year, gained weight, shiny coat, etc.  Has some stiffness when he gets
up (don't we all?) and I don't ride him any more..but he had a hard life
before I got him.  Stella is 27 and still in great shape..regular feed, no
lameness.  I plan to get driving her again this summer.  Many Fjord mares
have continued breeding successfully well into their 20's.   Don't pass up
good sound Fjords who are in their teens!

Jean in sunny Fairbanks, Alaska, gonna be Hot today, 85 degrees

>Lately I have noticed some older Fjords (like 19) going for high prices.
What
>is the general age span for a Fjord? How long can they be bred or lightly
>ridden?
>I would like to eventually buy a trained Fjord (that 19 year old seemed
>perfect for me!),
Jean Ernest
Fairbanks, Alaska
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]