This message is from: Mariposa Farm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

It's been a couple of weeks since Ron Davis' passing and I'd like to let other people on the list who couldn't make it to the service that how nice it was. Many stories from from Ron's life were told by his family and friends which was both sad and funny at the same time. It's amazing how much one can learn about another after they are gone. I felt that I got to know him somewhat over the last few years but of course there was so much more to him that I just found out in the last two weeks. There is a lesson here for all of us. Kit has put up for sale a lot of fine stock on their website, http://www.cpinternet.com/~rkdfjord/ so if you are looking for some nice fjords check it out. I was up there yesterday picking up a mare that was bred and came home with three horses instead of one. If you go to her site and are interested in Gromar's Rodrik or Rokida's Sierrek... too late! (I guess this could be the announcement that Rodrik will be standing at Mariposa now!) It's funny how things happen in this world. I had talked to Ron a few months ago about Rodrik and expressed some interest in him after he had some more training and was evaluated. This was one of Ron's plans this year and now I guess it's mine. We bred a mare to him last year and she threw her best colt to date with him. For those of you who were at the Minnesota Horse Expo he was the colt I had brought down. We have an excellent trainer working here at the farm and he's looking forward to working with Rodrik. If any of you are interested in a breeding to him just let me know. He is a Gromar son out of Hazel and boy does he move nice. He really added quality to my mare.

When My wife and I were coming home from the funeral we passed through a small town about 45 miles from here and drove right past a 1950 Chevy two-ton dump truck for sale on the side of the road. What a beauty! Perfect size for our farm and I'd been looking at dump trailers for twice the price. It was mentioned at the service how much a "gadget guy" Ron was and how he loved his farm equipment ... I just had to buy it. One fuel pump and a tune up later I delivered the first load of composted manure to a garden in town yesterday. And it was a flower garden Ron.

Mark McGinley
Mariposa Farm
Washburn, WI