This message is from: Eileen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi All! I posted something earlier because I have an all purpose style English saddle. The saddle is extra wide, with nice wide panels and channel and fits my barrel shaped mare well enough that there is no movement forward and back. But the saddle will slide with the slightest provocation to either side. I'm not the only rider on this horse/saddle with the slipping problem.

Anyway, here's the update. Someone mailed me privately who had struggled with the same problem, and had a great idea (thanks D, you know who you are!). The suggestion was to use foam (the stuff you can buy at fabric stores to pad things). I happened to have a piece of 1" thick foam because I make harness pads. Anyway, I tried riding with just the foam between the horse and the saddle. Voila! No slip! I have to go on travel, but as soon as I get back I'm going to buy a bigger piece so I can make a pad shaped for this saddle. I'm excited because it's an inexpensive solution. BTW, my next product I was going to try is the new Grooma AiRider pad, 'guarenteed not to slip'. But they are pricey, and at least as strange looking as using a foam pad.

Happy Trails!
Eileen