This message is from: Ardeth Obenauf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I just returned from Georgetown, Ky where my 4 yr old fjord mare, Lena, placed
second overall in Single Pony Training Level at the Gayla Bluegrass CDE.  This
was her first competitive event and only her second trip away from home.

We were first in dressage under one judge and second under the other, 5th in
cones and tied for 1st with no penalties after the marathon.  Lena took
everything in stride with the exception of the one post with three black paper
plates on it that caused a momentary startle.

Even though it pelted down rain on Saturday for dressage and cones, she did
what I asked of her.  There was also a pair of fjords entered and three other
fjords present that live full time at the Gayla Driving Center.  They all had
a good time greeting each other and calling across the fence to each other.

My navigator, Jeanette Haislip, another fjord owner, was a huge help keeping
everyone calm, on track and on time.  We all had a great time and expect to do
this again soon.

Ardeth Obenauf
The Lazy AO Farm
Shelbyville TN 37160