This message is from: "Pat Wolfe" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

HANDS-ON DRIVING AND DRAFT WORKSHOP

INTRUCTOR PAT WOLFE

WHEN: JUNE 21, 2004

WHERE: BUTTERNUT FARM, NEAR OTTAWA, CANADA

LENGTH:  5 DAYS, MONDAY TO FRIDAY, 9-5

COST:  $500 CANADIAN (LUNCHES INCLUDED)

WORKSHOP DESCRIPTION:

SAFETY AROUND HORSES

STARTING A YOUNG HORSE TO DRIVE

TEACHING A HORSE HOW TO PULL

PRACTICING FOR SHOW RING CLASSES:

          PLEASURE DRIVING

          REINSMANSHIP

          CONES

          LOG SKIDDING

          FARM CLASS

PREPARING FOR THE SHOW RING

          FITTING HARNESS

          APPOINTMENTS

          SHOW RING ETIQUETTE

HANDLING STALLIONS

LOGGING WITH HORSES

CHAINSAW SAFETY

FELLING TREES

CONTACT PAT WOLFE AT [EMAIL PROTECTED] OR AT 1-877-253-9888

INEXPENSIVE ACCOMMODATION NEARBY: $32.50 A NIGHT WITH USE OF KITCHEN

HANDS-ON WORKSHOP DAILY SCHEDULE

June 21,22,23,24,25

Monday will be dedicated primarily to all aspects of safety around horses,
such as safe harnessing and safe hitching.  As well, we will take a young,
green mare and begin her training in the round pen.  We will work with this
young mare for a short period every day and if she is ready, hitch her on
Friday.

Tuesday will deal with training both horse and driver for show driving tests.
These include ring classes and cones. Working with the young mare.

Wednesday will deal with training both horse and driver for draft tests,
including log skidding and farm classes.  Working with the young mare.

Thursday will deal with training both horse and driver for NFHR Evaluations,
driving and draft classes.  Working with the young mare.

Friday we will go into the bush and learn about logging with horses and
chainsaws.  If the young horse is ready, we will hitch her.

Lunches are provided.

ACCOMMODATION

There is inexpensive, clean and simple accommodation at The Olde Barracks in
Carleton Place, 20 minutes away. You have access to a large kitchen for
cooking breakfast and supper if you chose to eat in.  The cost is $32.50
Canadian a night.  You can leave a message at 1-613-257-8313.  The contact
person is Sandra.  Our log building school students stay there and are pleased
with the accommodations.  Sandra may take a few days to reply to your calls,
but there are definitely rooms available in June.

As well, there are many B&B's in the area, starting at about $80 Canadian a
night, and motels as well.  We will be pleased to make arrangements for you if
you wish.

Pat Wolfe and Jane Beall

1-613-256-0631