This message is from: Marsha Jo Hannah <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> "Roberta/Warren Stockwell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> Looking at buying a 20 acre already up and running horse
> boarding and training facility.
> The isssue is that the indoor arena is 60x130 in size, is it possiable or
> safe to use as a driving arena for the training cart size viehicle for
> english pleasure horse? This would be a morgan/Saddle bred/Fjord.

When we lived in California, I had an outdoor arena that was 60x130
(with rounded ends---and it took 3 days of bulldozing to carve out
that much "flat" space, on our steeply sloped property).  It was
barely big enough in which to drive my 11.2hh donkey.  We did a few
riding lessons there with our Fjords---walk/trot, only, as it was
rather cramped for them.  I would consider that size of arena to be
too small to do much driving with full-sized horses---you'll spend too
much time turning.

Marsha Jo Hannah                Murphy must have been a horseman--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]               anything that can go wrong, will!
15 mi SW of Roseburg, Oregon