This message is from: Jean Ernest <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>I would surely rather smell my oak wood burning than some smelly disel
>truck going down the road.

Believe it or not, Fairbanks has passed a law banning the use of wood
burning stoves, fireplaces,  at times when there are the conditions such as
an inversion causing Carbon Monoxide levels to rise..This law applies only
to those who use these stoves as an AUXILIARY heat source, not to those who
heat mainly with wood, and limits it to a small area around the main
downtown area.

Meanwhile there is no law forbidding folks from leaving their vehicles
running while they are shopping at the shopping centers, etc.  There you
see just about 80% of the cars and trucks idling there, spewing out volumes
of exhaust..Makes me so disgusted.

And How are they going to enforce the "No wood burning" law, inspect
everybody's home to see if they use a woodstove for their main source of
heat?  Guess they will have the "Wood stove police"!
Of course, during the summer here we are often inundated with smoke from
Forest fires!  Even getting smoke from fires in Russia!

Jean in Fairbanks, ALaska, enduring yet another morning of -30's.

Jean Ernest
Fairbanks, Alaska
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]