This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In a message dated 1/7/2004 9:30:42 AM Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
If you have a gelding that exhibits some stallion behavior it is probably
because he was cut late, or that he has a retained testicle that wasn't
removed.  People will sometimes buy horses at sales that were advertised
as geldings, but are really cryptorchids and the seller didn't want to
pay for the surgery.

Thanks Dr W! This is more logical. I've certainly had dogs and cats who
exhibited "sexual" behavior despite being spayed/neutered. I guess many
behaviors
are as psychological as they are physical. I saw an ad recently and had to
laugh -- a mean-looking white pony was advertised as "intact, but acts like a
gelding because he's a cryptorchid." LOL.

/ )_~
/L/L
Brigid Wasson
SF Bay Area, CA