This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In a message dated 12/16/2003 3:01:23 PM Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
I have old cowboys tell me I need a big pole, like telephone pole in the
middle of the round arena.

The pole in the center of a round pen or round corral was used to snub up a
"wild" horse after it was roped, so that they could get a saddle on it (usually
with the added help of a hind leg tied up). Then someone would mount this
snubbed and legged horse, and it would be turned loose so the rider could buck
him out. Part of the process of "breaking" a horse in the old west.

Anyway, it is certainly nothing the average person would ever use these days.
I couldn't imagine needing to snub a Fjord to a post...... Unless it was to
keep it from eating! LOL

Amy

Amy Evers
Dun Lookin' Fjords