This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

    Regarding Fjords and grass...  The two therapy ponies that introduced me
to the Fjord world were both notoriously hard to lead, and would dive for
grass.
    I NEVER had a problem with them, because the first time they tried it
with me I made it clear it was not acceptable.  I could get either of them to
stand on the end of the lead (about eight feet from me) in a field with
knee-high
grass and they never even tried to drop their heads; they knew that I
wouldn't allow it.
    My own two Fjords would also never try anything like that.  It's just a
matter of teaching them what's acceptable and what's not - a few quick jerks on
the lead (WITHOUT a chain, mind you) is all it took to teach the "old boys".
    Fjords are smart...sometimes too smart...and if they think they can get
away with something, they'll often try.  You just have to be smarter than they
are, anticipate their next move, and make them glad they did what you asked by
rewarding them.

Jamie
In the Mountains SW of Denver, CO