This message is from: ConnieBennett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Let me start off by saying that I'm 3/4's Norweigen and a fjord owner.

I recently went to the Dr for my annual physical.  When I got on the scale
the fisheyed expression of the nurse face said plainly that I should be
drawn and quartered for gaining so much weight.

The Dr. read my blood tests and took me off sweet feed etc.   She then
expressed thoughts to the effect that I needed something like a trainer with
a whip to run me around the round pen every day. And even said that they
sell salads where I get my whoppers (can't be true)

The last few times I had my teeth floated has resulted in my wearing a
partial plate so I don't chew my food as well.  I  thought I was going to
colic a couple of times so I've now added psillium and olive oil to my feed.

concerning those icey paddocks:  I now go down using a ski pole for a
walking stick.  One day last winter, I slipped on the ice, and the fjords
came (surefooted) running to see why on earth I was rolling around on the
snow and howling.  They have 4 foot to balance on and we only have 2.  I was
lame for quite awhile and still have a lump on my achilles tendon.

The moral of the story is that there is no situation so bad that it can't
make a good story later on and a little humor keeps a Norweigen warm on cold
bleak days.  Also God bless the Bo's and Taffy for answering all my stupid
questions.  You don't know what you don't know and I sure appreciate good
people who want you to be successful with those marvelous fjords.