This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In a message dated 12/11/03 4:41:10 PM Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

   "  I  think its our horses job to keep us humble...."

<< The difference between a horse's behaviour at the beginning of the warm-up
 and once he is ready to enter the ring is another point - timing the warm-up
 just right to be able to enter the ring with a calm, focused, yet energetic
 and impulsive horse is part of the art of showing which is quite separate
 from the art of training. >>

   Yes, Yes,Yes ,Lori !   I need to work on this also !  I over-train and
also over warm-up in the days before I show, or at a show since we try to get
there a couple of days early......using up my " showy " preformances and being
too flat during my classes. I have had 2 judges tell me that they saw the drive
they wanted to.....the day before in the practice ring. I guess that I need to
let my horses rest and just warm up for a couple of min. before classes.
Keeping me humble is not hard.....just when I start thinking that Im "all that
" I
go clean up after 19 Fjords.   ;   /            Lisa