This message is from: Mariposa Farm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi Jean,

I've read that there has never been a documented case of resistance to Ivermectin. Plus I'm not sure how this would lead to such a situation. I would think resistance would be built up by under medicating. I guess running a boarding farm with horses coming and going makes me worm more than I probably need to but with only a couple of foals at a time the expense seems worth it to me. At our old place with just our own horses we were a little more relaxed.

Mark

Jean Ernest wrote:

This message is from: Jean Ernest <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

So, to deworm with Ivermectin every 6-8 weeks when on daily Strongid-C is
a waste of money.
And, Steve, Isn't it more likely to result in resistance of parasites to
Ivermectin?  Also, do you recommend doing a check for worm eggs in poop
samples occassionally?

Jean in Fairbanks, ALaska, who has been feeding Fjords since 1987..beats
Joel!
Jean Ernest
Fairbanks, Alaska
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]