This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<< I also questioned his color when he came in for registration.  I had them
send in additional pictures of him in fact so I could see the stripe in the
mane.  It isn't red it is yellow.  It is barely noticeable but it is
there.  So I registered him as a yellow. >>

    But if his pedigree is true, there is no way for him to be genetically
yellow, Nina either.
    Halston does have a grey parent that could hide the Cream gene, but both
the grey's parents were brown (so no Cream gene there).
    The same is true with BJ's Nina.  With two brown dun parents, there is no
way for her to be a yellow.

Jamie (an equine color genetics nerd)
In the Mountains SW of Denver, CO