This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In a message dated 11/4/03 12:15:50 PM Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 14:38:19 -0400
> From: "Arthur Rivoire" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: We need MUCH MORE breed publicity!

Hi Carol,

I couldn't agree with you more!!  This has been needed for a long time.  When
I was on the BOD, that was a project that I tackled, NFHR advertising in
national magazines, and I too was told it was too expensive!

The other thing that REALLY needs to be completed is a GOOD promotional video
tape.  I know that Jane Sawyer has been put in charge of producing one, but
it has been put 'on hold' because the people that are doing it are having some
major health problems in the family.  HOPEFULLY, it won't be too much longer
before that project is completed.

YES, this type of promotion and advertising is a must for the 'good of the
many'!  Each and every one of us should drop a note to our BOD to encourage
them
to put advertising/promotion on the agenda for their next meeting.  They are
there to work on our behalf so we need to speak up and let them know what we
need/want.

from the President of the Oregon Horse Show Association (a very active group
for
all breeds that promotes ALL kinds of horse uses, not just shows) detailing
their upcoming Judges and Stewards training seminar.  The letter was asking for
representatives and breed judges to participate by setting up booths,
providing videos, handouts, and literature on their respective breeds.  What a
great
opportunity to educate the judges so that when all of these different breeds
enter a class that they are judging, they will know what they are supposed to
be looking for.

I was asked to participate in one of these seminars about 8 years ago.  I
thought this was such an excellent opportunity for the Fjord horses!  There
were
2 days of classroom training followed by one day of hands-on judging.  Only
problem was that I was THE ONLY ONE with no breed video!!  I did the best I
could with personal videos that I had, but it was a bit embarrassing.  I did
provide a booth with NFHR brochures and the 'breed type' handouts, but I really
felt ill-equipped compared to the other breeds that were represented.  And, by
the way, the day of the actual judging, Dusty won the Aged Stallions class!
After each class was placed, the person in charge of the training, pulled each
horse out individually and explained why they were placed the way they were,
much like our evaluation program.

As I read the invitation from OHSA this morning, my first thought was -
YIPPEE another opportunity.  My second thought was - BUT I STILL HAVE NOTHING
OFFER in the way of an educational video tape!

I was on the BOD when I did the last seminar.  I did bring it to the
attention of the BOD at that time that we were sorely in need of a promo tape,
but was
poo-pooed.  Problem was, I was 'standing alone'.  There IS strength in
numbers and the squeaky wheel does get greased so perhaps it is time for each
of us,
as members, to let our wishes and needs be known to the BOD regarding
advertising and promotions!  It wouldn't take but just a few moments to drop
them an
email!

With the advent of the unification with the Association, we will have a lot
of new memberships and registrations (read - MONEY) coming into our coffers.
WE need to let our BOD know how we would like to have some of those funds
spent!

Thanx!

Gayle Ware
Field of Dreams