This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In a message dated 9/22/2003 6:06:42 AM Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Just curious what type of  English style bits are being used by Fjord
owners for training - showing - trail-riding....???
I have quite a collection of Fjord-size bits. In fact, I've been meaning to
sell them. I put together a nice web page, then my computer ate it :-/

I settled on the medium thickness 3-part (called dog bone, french link, etc.)
bit with a large D-ring or full-cheek. Seems to create the most comfort in
the mouth, most responsiveness, and least resistance. The large cheek piece
keeps the bit where it should be in the mouth. Small rings seem to get lost in
those fat Fjord lips. Loose rings sometimes pinch.

/ )_~
/L/L
Brigid Wasson
SF Bay Area, CA