This message is from: "Shawna B." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Actually, you fix the pressure points riding bareback by using a bareback pad. My fjord actually prefers a thinner bareback pad, he fusses when I put a heavier bareback pad on him.

I've tried a Bob Marshal on my Fjord, my advice is to get the one of the saddles to try. The standard trail saddle did not fit my fjord in front. The Bob Marshal's are not completely treeless, they are solid in the pomel and cantle, and the bottom angle of the pomel was to narrow for My Fjord. It will fit many fjords, but it will not fit all of them. If you're interested in a similar saddle with soft pommel and cantle, look up the Soft Ride Saddle. I'm looking into one of those myself, but it's really just a glorified bareback pad.

Shawna

This message is from: Jean Ernest <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
I think that the comment about the TREELESS saddles working best for riders
not over 125 was just that the TREELESS saddles might allow more pressure
spots with a heavier rider.  I have read that bareback is not so
comfortable for the horse as the seat bones of the riders make two pressure
spots on the bare back of the horse and that would be increased with
increased weight.  Try putting your hand under your seat bone when you are
sitting( saddle or chair) and feel the pressure.

As far as balance being more important than weight, I can certainly agree
with that. A lighter weight but unbalanced rider will cause much more
discomfort to there horse than a balanced heavier rider.

Jean in Chilly Fairbanks, Alaska, cunny now, Auroras at night! 35 degrees.

Instant message with integrated webcam using MSN Messenger 6.0. Try it now FREE! http://msnmessenger-download.com