This message is from: "Karen McCarthy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I've been totally buried at work and haven't had hardly a second to
respond to Pat's query re. Wade tree saddles, but here goes...IMO, I
really think Wade style western saddles are the way to go w/ just about
any horse, not just a fjord! Most, if not all of the naturall
horsemanship folks use this style of saddle..

Here is a link to a pic of my wade style saddle
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=599383&uid=472954

It was made by Rick Ricotti @ Ricotti saddle Co.
http://www.ricottisaddle.com/

I did a trade w/ Rick for some landscape work (otherwise I'd NEVER be
able to afford this saddle!) Being an english rider, the primary
consideration I had in selecting a western saddle was that I didn't want
it to weigh a ton and I didn't want to ride a BOARD! The stirrups had to
have an unrestricted swing, the seat had to have a narrow twist, and it
HAD to fit the horse through the back...so, I brought 3 fjords down to
his shop parking lot and we must have tried on over 20 different trees,
then he had the tree made up in Utah. We had a 2nd parking lot fitting,
made some adjustements, and voila, 2 months later I had a saddle! Rick is
a retired civil engineer, so he is very much into the practical side of
things, so his saddles really do fit and work well and look pretty as
well. Ricotti's beautiful workmanship has a huge reputation here on this
coast for producing incredible top of the line show saddles for pleasure
+ cow horse events.

Beth B has a really nice saddle made by a fellow up near Ft Collins,
Co. - Dave + I  stopped at his shop after visiting Beth + Sandy just
after the New year, and his saddles were awesome - the seats were
unbelieveably comfortable, just grabbed your butt, and the adjustable
rigging was really smart + innovative. I can't remember the guys name for
the life of me (I am at work and can't do much research ;~) Maybe you can
let us know, Beth?? I'd grab one of his saddles in a heartbeat if my
Ricotti saddle wasn't doing so well still...

Karen McCarthyGreat Basin Fjords :: Carson City,
Nevadahttp://www.picturetrail.com/weegees