This message is from: "Mike May, Registrar NFHR" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

At 12:38 AM 5/22/99 -0600, you wrote:
This message is from: Nancy Lehnert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Mike, this is a question for you:
What is the NFHR's policy on correcting the "color" category on a horse
registered in Canada who has been registered with the incorrect color?  I
know of and have photos of 3 - Milly ( C-Z-340-M   C - 391) and her sire-
Thorvald (C -284) and dam- Mona (C- 285). The photos show them as brown
duns and they were/are registered as white duns. I personally saw 2 of the
3 and can confirm they are brown duns.  I know there are more than these
but they just come to mind with the talk of the possible yellow dun being
registered as a white dun.  The foals mostly all look like white duns until
they shed off the baby fuzz so it is an honest mistake by a number of
breeders I am sure, but what do you do about it to help with the true
history on the horses ?
Thanks!! for any insight you can give on this.

Well I can't correct the Canadian Registration but I will correct our records if they are wrong. I just looked and Milly is registered as a Brown Dun with the NFHR. Her sire & dam are not NFHR registered though. I would contact Gatha O'Reilly of the Canadian Registry and see what can be done about the incorrect colors up there. Her email is: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Mike

Norwegian Fjord Horse Registry
Mike May, Registrar
Voice 716-872-4114