This message is from: Marsha Jo Hannah <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> "Jean Gayle" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> So, is the suggestion then that ringbone may be causing our horses
> to stumble?????

All of them---probably not.  Some of them---maybe.  I.e. it is one of
many possible causes.  I have learned the hard way that it is a good
idea to at least consider underlying physical problems, rather than
automatically "blaming the horse" for being lazy, or some such.

Ringbone can be tricky to recognize, since it's often "symmetric"---
both front legs hurt about equally.  The animal doesn't limp in the
normal sense, but if it steps wrong on an uneven spot in firm footing,
stumbling is likely.  Mine move much more freely on level ground than
downhill, and prefer sandy (or loamy, or moist) footing to anything
dry and packed.

Marsha Jo Hannah                Murphy must have been a horseman--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]               anything that can go wrong, will!
30 mi SSE of San Francisco, Calif.
-------

  • stubling Jean Gayle
    • Re: stubling Marsha Jo Hannah