This message is from: Marsha Jo Hannah <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> "Mary/Jon A. Ofjord" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> there, to my suprise, was the carcass of a moose! YUK! [...]  Now
> I'm wondering how we can move this thing since it's right off the
> riding trail.  [...]  I don't expect my horses to become desensitized
> to the moose carcass laying there stinking!

It really depends on the horse (and the rider).  All 3 of my Fjords
have, at one time or another, marched quietly past places where
coyotes had dismembered and eaten deer.  The old mare tends to wrinkle
up her nose and give a distaining SNORT; the geldings just quietly
step over whatever bones are on the trail, and keep going!  IMHO, if
the rider doesn't act freaked about it, the horses won't either.

OTOH, if the smell bothers you, pack a bag or two of agricultural lime
out there and sprinkle it liberally over the carcass pieces.

Marsha Jo Hannah                Murphy must have been a horseman--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]               anything that can go wrong, will!
30 mi SSE of San Francisco, Calif.
-------