This message is from: Jean Ernest <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi Gail,

I'm holding my breath!  Finally the foal!

I would think that your wonderfully large stall (16'x24' is the exact size
of my whole GARAGE! and more than third larger than my little barn)) would
be the best place for her to have the foal.  Sure, if you had a nice grassy
pasture, with safe fencing, safe from dogs, etc.  maybe that would be
better and "more natural", but a sandy, mucky paddock is no more natural
than the stall IMO, which is much safer.  AND you haved the video camera
all all set up.

Will she let you pet her?  do some TTeam circles on her forehead, and
stroke her ears to calm her and lessen the discomfort.

Hopefully she has had it by now... but she'll probably wait till the middle
of the night!

Jean  in FAirbanks, Alaska, where a cold front is moving in to cover our
sun with clouds an give us some rain/snow showers...but the corrals ARE
slowly drying up!

>I could let her out in the small paddock (about 1/2 acre) but it is dirt
>(soft sandy loam) - plus old manure flakes from the winter - not a good
>place to give birth.  The stall is deeply bedded straw, - 16 x 24 - with
>bales of hay around the lower sides -
Jean Ernest
Fairbanks, Alaska
[EMAIL PROTECTED]