This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In a message dated 3/16/99 7:05:09 Pacific Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

<< And State Line sells what looks like a rope  hackamore with no leverage
called the sidepull.  Is this for  training only????? >>

Before we bought our fjords, I found an ancient old mare that looked like she
would be okay as a handicapped horse for my son.  She did work out for a
while.  But she had been used for barrel racing (poor old dear, she was so
broken down, I can't imagine stressing her body that way!) before we bought
her and the owner had used a mechanical hack for her.  I was told that this
was extremely dangerous, and that lots of wrecks happen with mechanical hacks.
You make just a little tiny move of your hand and the horse does a 180.  So it
was recommended that I use a sidepull on the mare.  It was gentler, actually
this one was a "halfbreed sidepull" as it had a bit also.  It worked pretty
well for this old mare, who has retired to a gentle life of giving young ones
beginner's lessons once or twice a week.

Pamela