Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 07:49:26 -0900
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
From: Jean Ernest <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: 2.4 Progress & Co-operation
Sender: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

This message is from: Jean Ernest <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Mike,
I didn't get thne "worm" attached to her message, but did get a second
message with a bunch of "gobbley Gook'..Maybe that was it.

I first heard about this "worm" on CD-L and here are two websites which
give information on this virus and how to deal with it:

http://www.avp.com/happy/body_happy.html

http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/happy99.worm.html

Don't worry, these sites ARE NOT THE VIRUS...but will give you information
on how to deal with it.  Don't be afraid to click on them.

Jean in Fairbanks, Alaska, where it is FINALLY going to warm up! ( was -35
yesterday morning) forecast is +20 today, +30 tomorrow!
why does this seem like such an extra long winter?

At 09:40 AM 3/11/99 -0500, you wrote:
>This message is from: Mike May <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>I am not sure if everyone got this message with the file HAPPY99.EXE as an
>attachment or not.  I didn't think attachments were supposed to go through
>to the list.  Anyway I have had some reports that HAPPY99.EXE maybe a virus
>that attaches itself to email messages.  So my advice is that if you have
>received this file I would delete it and NOT run it.  I searched the Virus
>information sites that I know of and did not come up with this one but it
>is still better to be safe than sorry with this kind of file.

Jean Ernest
Fairbanks, Alaska
[EMAIL PROTECTED]