This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In a message dated 3/3/99 8:25:08 Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< Also, do any of you have particular warnings about trees that are toxic to
 horses?  I know laburnum is - or so the books say.  I'm selecting some trees
 to plant near the pasture to provide some shade in strategic areas in summer
 and don't want to do more harm than good. >>

I know black walnut trees are bad for horses.  Also, I'd be careful of apple
trees, especially with fjords!  We have 5 on our property, but NOT in the
pastures.  I could just see the fjords gorging themselves on all the little
green apples!!  We have a huge pine tree overlooking our back pasture, it
makes great shade and we don't seem to have any problems with it (though I
have to check that no branches fell off in our windstorm last night).

Pamela