This message is from: Cynthia Madden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Below is a press release from the NFHR Education Committee I prepared
for the Spring issue of the Herald. However, you get to see here it first folks.
This is because I expect to hear from you strongly opinionated people
and I expect some help from you too. Here is your chance to do
something. So please sign up to help out. It takes a village to build
an education program.

PRESS RELEASE

NFHR EDUCATION COMMITTEE SEEKS MEMBERSHIP INPUT

The NFHR Board of Directors has approved the plan recommended by the
Education Committee presented at the December 1999 board meeting. Part
of this plan contains short and long range goals to put a membership
education program in place.

Short Range Goals
Short-range goals are to develop a list of publications and media for
the NFHR web site as well as a membership information packet. In
addition, the Board of Directors has approved a budget to begin a
video rental library for NFHR members. This information should be
available by September 1, 1999 or earlier.

Your suggestions are sought as to what books, magazines, videos, etc.
you feel would be valuable for other members of the NFHR and
particularly those people new to Fjords and horses in general. Your
recommendations should include:
    - the title and author/producer,
    - brief description of why you recommend this particular
    publication or media (give it a rating of from one to five stars
    (five stars being best of the best)
    - procurement information if available
    - permission to use your name

Long Range Goal
Time is needed to implement a broader education program. The long
range goal was created to provide for good planning and proper
involvement of the NFHR membership. Again your help is sought. A
subcommittee will be formed to work over the next year to develop and
begin implementing a comprehensive membership education program.

If you are interested in participating in this planning, please
provide the following by May 1, 1999:
     - your name, address, phone number, fax number, e-mail address
     - your areas of interest/s for this committee

Please send all information to Cynthia Madden, 2852 Martin Avenue, Omaha,
Nebraska
68112-2855. Phone number: 402.451.4012 (evenings). E-mail address: [EMAIL
PROTECTED]

I waiting to hear from you.........

Regards,
Cynthia