This message is from: Lori Albrough <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Juliane Deubner wrote:
> Lori, that's why I  specifically talked about RIDING/DRIVING in my first
> post. Training in general starts with any horse right from birth, I totally
> agree with you on that.

I guess the Subject "starting young horses" was what prompted the theme
of my message, I was trying to say start training when they're born and
keep going from there. But if the subject is actually when to introduce
riding and driving, my approach is first let the horse be your guide,
second like Julie said keep the lessons short and simple, and third as a
rule of thumb I would start driving at age two, and riding at age three,
but subject to the above two points.

My belief is that it is easier and less stressful on unclosed knees etc
for the horse to pull weight rather than carry it, but have no
scientific proof of this (does anyone know?). Probably the most
important point is to keep your lessons short and light.

Lori