This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hi Everyone!!

With the latest discussion on training young Fjords it has prompted me to ask
about the training of the older Fjord.  I have a ll year old gelding who
drives but has not been trained to ride.  We have saddled him (western saddle
and snaffle bit) and walked him around a little - he had pretty much a non-
reaction to it.   He drives in a Buxton, straight-bar.

To my knowledge he has never been worked alot and certianly not every day - he
gets bored easily (not uncommon from what I have read) and I am concerned he
might react negatively to such concentrated training resulting in new problems
for me.  He is a great driving horse!    Could I be jeopardizing my driving
relationship with him by starting something new at his age?   He does not know
how to lunge on a lunge line and appears to be unfamiliar with bending, circle
work or the round pen.  On the other hand, as I write this, I am thinking
60-90 days with a trainer might do him some good!  :)

I have a trainer in mind who is familiar with Fjords - has worked with several
young ones - but have not actually seen him work.  If anyone has experience
with this issue and would like to share  I would appreciate it.

Thank you!!  Linda in Minnesota with temps in the 30's and very little snow
left on the ground.  Fjord is shedding like crazy - QH is NOT  :)