This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Arthur  Rivoire)

>Goodday from Carol Rivoire at Beaver Dam Farm in Nova Scotia -

Hi Bonnie (the writer), if you're tuned in.

My name is Carol Rivoire, and I wronte THE FJORDHORSE HANDBOOK.

It's funny Jean Gayle should remember 'Revere', as in Paul Revere, because
he's an ancestor of my husband. Since Paul was a "famous horseman",
(Midnight Ride of Paul Revere), I assume it's appropriate to talk about him
here.---  Anyway, the real name of Paul Revere's father  was Appolus
Rivoire, which he changed to Paul Revere sometime after emigrating to the
Colonies, apparently because, even back then, Americans were terrible with
languages.

So, the name is now Rivoire, not Revere, although when making reservations
at restaurants we always say 'Revere', not Rivoire, thereby saving the
bother of repeating and spelling the name.

Best Regards,  Carol
Carol and Arthur Rivoire
Beaver Dam Farm Fjords II
R.R. 7 Pomquet