This message is from: "Catherine Lassesen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Do notice my comments are based on the handling of a non-fjord stallions.
(Our two young fjord stallions have not bred yet and we are still evaluating
to see if we will keep them stallions.)

A stallion can and should have that "Look at Me" attitude. However, our
stallions know when it is time to be "a boy" and when it is time to be
"gentlemen". They have the head (mind) to know the difference. They have had
the training!  When it is time for them to be "a boy" we allow them to do
just that. Stallions need to have their attitude. But when they are out for
a ride, show, walk, to show off to customers, they know to be "gentlemen"
and are told "Not to Talk".

I believe there is a difference in a "Crazy, no brain" stallion and a
stallion with "Spirit and a brain". All of you "old timers", know what I am
talking about!  (You cannot fool the "old timers". ) Brain does matter in
behavior and can be passed on.  But there is a difference between, being a
stallion and being a "Crazy" stallion.

Guess that is why in Norway, the stallions go for testing & evaluation for
weeks at the school. They go without their "mommies & daddies" and have the
professionals check their attitude and learning ability.

If I had a mare that was so slow, soo docile and soooo puggish, I may
consider breeding to a "crazy minded" stallion. But then again why?

LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO HAVE AN IDIOT HORSE!

My $1.00 worth take it or leave it.

Been "playing" with horses since I was 3.  Fjords... I am new at.(Our first
was in 1995, so I am not an "old timer" when it comes to fjords.)  But they
are a horse. (I know them.)

Catherine Lassesen
   aka  Fjords on Ebay http://www.ebay.com
HESTEHAVEN - The Horse Garden