This message is from: "Betsy Bauer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hello List,
   I thought I would add my input here with memories of Gjestarson who was
one of my father's stallions.  He (Gjestarson) was the keeper of the
pasture near the back of my parent's home and he "kept" his mares there as
he protected them.  Many could mistake this protection as overt activity
and behavior.  When my daughter (then 4 yo) and I rode near this pasture,
we would be sure to respect Gjestarson's space as he ran the fence doing
his thing.  Even my daughter learned to say "Gjestarson, knock it off!"
Then he wouldn't bother us anymore.  Plus, if we would go into the pasture
(she and I) on foot he would RUN up to us, we would repeat the phrase and
he would nudge us for a carrot.  He produced many beautiful fjords as I'm
sure many of you will agree..........

As for the mare side of things ----- anyone interested in 2 - 12 yo
imported mares located near Rochester??????

Here's hoping your HAPPY NEW YEAR has a Fjord in it!
   Betsy Bauer
   http://www.fjordpony.com
   [EMAIL PROTECTED]