This message is from: "." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Bernadine wrote:
"...Regarding dog stories;  A friend of ours that used to raise sheep says
they practiced the three 's' routine-shoot, shovel and shut up...."

We are on the lookout for animals who are attacking local cattle. Our
neighbor had to shoot one pregnant cow after she ran across an icy field to
escape the animal who was harassing her, then slipped and broke her breast
bone. The neighbor also had to doctor another cow whose hind leg was badly
bitten. He thought the attackers might be coyotes, but typically coyotes
don't attack unless they're starving -- then they'll get a calf or sickly
cow and all you'll find is bones after they're done. These full grown and
healthy cattle had been harassed and attacked, then left to suffer after the
fun was over.

We think the attackers may be "coydogs" (coyote-dog cross). Coydogs have
little fear of nor respect for humans, and they have a tendency, like
renegade dogs, to hunt for sport, not food. Or the attackers could be a
renegade dog pack.  Anyways, I like animals, including dogs and coyotes, but
I'm afraid that "shoot, shovel, and shut up" is the end that these
particular animals will meet.

DeeAnna