This message is from: Lori Albrough <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I think it's difficult for us in North America to draw conclusions about
the temperament of the Dutch stallion who required two handlers to be
shown in hand, since those stallions are kept in such different
circumstances than most horses here are. I understand that the Dutch
stallions are kept in stalls and only taken out for breeding or to be
worked. They are not turned out regularly to run and "be a horse". This
is bound to manifest itself in some hard to handle behaviour.

When we first moved to our farm our turnout was not ready, so the horses
had to live in the barn. After a week or so of this our normally
reasonably-behaved horses were very hard to handle, one QH mare even
started bucking on the trail, something she had never done before (these
horses were before our Fjord days). If confinement can affect mares &
geldings this way, even after such a short time, imagine how a stallion
would react.

Lori